While most people spend the majority of their time indoors, most of us are still undeniably drawn outside to soak in the sights and sounds of nature. There’s just something about the sunshine, green grass, pretty flowers, sweet fragrances, and animals that make the outdoors relaxing and rejuvenating.
Do you have a nice outdoor space to retreat to at your home or business? If not, it’s something worth consideration. In fact, a beautifully landscaped lawn can make a world of difference for your family or customers. It boosts curb appeal, improves a first impression, and generates positive feelings.
Whether you’re looking to add some greenery, flower beds, bubbling water features, or other enhancements to your yard or commercial property, consider the range of benefits you can expect from adding diverse landscaping to your property.
Landscapes are Good for the Air and Water
- Did you know that grass and trees are hard at work every day capturing dust and smoke particles, removing carbon dioxide, and producing life-giving oxygen? In fact, a single tree can remove 26 pounds of carbon dioxide from the air every year, canceling out the emissions of driving a car 11,000 miles. So, planting grass and trees is one simple way that all of us can help protect the environment!
- Another interesting fact supporting landscapes with trees is that one tree can also supply enough oxygen for four people every day. What a great reason to plant a tree!
- With the storm season in full swing, lush landscapes can actually help. They act as storm water runoff buffers, reducing the flow of sediments and pollutants to nearby bodies of water. In effect, plants help filter out pollution from the water on its way to a city’s source of drinking water. Woody plants along shorelines also reduce erosion and flooding downstream.
Outdoor Living Areas Improve Quality of Life
- Landscaping improves quality of life with several physical and psychological benefits. For example, just looking at plants is shown to reduce blood pressure. Walking through a natural environment, even in the middle of a city, improves attention and memory. People living in neighborhoods with community green spaces report lower stress levels and lower healthcare costs.
Landscapes Offer Economic Benefits
- Did you know that businesses that have high-quality landscapes tend to be more successful? It’s true! Customers claim to spend more money on goods and services if the commercial building has a high-quality tree canopy; and shoppers say they’re willing to travel longer distances to shop in a district with better landscaping. They also say they stay longer once they arrive if the landscaping is peaceful.
- As a homeowner, you are looking for ways to gain the best benefit for your investment. When you landscape your yard, you can rest assured that your investment will increase your home’s market value. Home buyers are usually willing to spend more on a house if it has professional landscaping, both front and back.
Water Features Make Landscaping One-of-a-Kind
- Aesthetically pleasing water features placed in your landscape can add unique texture, natural sounds, and new wildlife to your property. Finding the perfect backdrop for any outdoor living area can help turn a boring landscape into one the neighbors or community will remember.
- Water features also require very little maintenance and don’t consume a lot of water thanks to circulating pumps.
Retaining Walls Prevent Erosion
- If your property is located on a hill, a retaining wall prevents elevated soil from sliding toward the building when it rains. The barrier is practical, but it can also add to the appearance of your landscaping.
- Retaining walls can create tiered pathways, spots for additional seating or a creative garden area. In some cases, a retaining wall may provide privacy too.
- Many different materials are available for retaining walls, offering design flexibility for your property. The experts at The Grounds Guys can offer numerous suggestions that will be sure to meet your needs.
When you choose to add creative landscapes, you are helping the environment and boosting your bottom line!
For help with designing a residential or commercial landscape that meets your needs, please contact Be Happy Property Services today.
Be Happy Property Services provides residential and commercial properties in Anchorage and our surrounding areas with dependable, licensed, insured, and bonded services. One call, we do it all!