THE BEST ROI HOME IMPROVEMENTSThe best ROI home improvements – get the biggest return on your investment. Want to make sure that renovation is worth it when selling? Real estate experts identify the home improvement areas that will give you substantial returns – and those that don't. The big question everyone wants to know - What are the best ROI home improvements, and will the home improvement you are planning give you a decent return on your investment? These are the questions every savvy home seller should be asking themselves, probably even more so than the more traditional question, "will it add value?" There are many ways to add value to a home that include dozens of different ways to boost your home price. Yet, the bottom line stands true - If you end up sinking substantially more capital than you will ever recoup through a sale, a home improvement will not be a good investment. Conversely, a simple improvement that is inexpensive and requires minimum of effort that gives you back 100 percent is a definite YES. So let us look at the top 4 ROI remodel and improvements you can get starting on doing today.
1. A KITCHEN REMODELNo surprise here, remodeling a kitchen remains one of the home improvements with the highest levels of return on investment. There are estimates that a kitchen remodel, although costly, will return anywhere between 50-75% (or more). If you're deciding between a kitchen and a bathroom remodel, go for the kitchen. The reason is that even if the bathrooms are older, a retail buyer perceives a full kitchen remodel as more valuable and convenient. Buying a house with a newer kitchen (and older bathrooms) means the new homeowner can tackle the bathrooms if/when they're ready, one bathroom at a time. Buyers simply do not want the hassle of a kitchen renovation – If you've ever lived through a kitchen renovation, setting up a makeshift kitchen and having to actually use it, can be a complete nightmare! If you don't want to completely remodel a kitchen, there are other ways to make a big difference when selling. Refacing existing cabinets, swapping old counter tops for new quartz or granite, changing out the hardware, adding a fresh coat of paint, new stainless steel appliances, and more modern, trendy plumbing and electrical fixtures can make all the difference.
2. REFINISHED HARDWOOD FLOORSA great home improvement that can give you a very high ROI – 70-80 percent in many cases. A buyer‘s first impression is critical and doing flooring projects may have a huge impact. You can learn how to refinish hardwood floors yourself, or contact the professionals at Be Happy Property Services. Whatever you do, don't miss an opportunity by covering up an existing wood floor with carpet, which will almost certainly lose you money.
3. A FRESH COAT OF PAINTDon't fancy a huge remodel project? Don't worry – there are plenty of smaller changes you can make that will give you a good return on investment when selling. Exploring fresh paint ideas is one of the easiest ways to prepare your home for a sale. A fresh coat of paint does wonders to the interior of a house. If you are thinking of selling your home, paint the interior before listing it. A fresh coat of light (think whites, light grays and creams) paint to main living spaces can create the feeling of a larger, warmer space.
4. GARDEN LANDSCAPINGDon't forget your outdoor space and its huge potential to give you great returns for not very much investment and effort. Modest backyard landscaping ideas have been known to increase the average ROI. What is meant by modest? Simple landscaping updates that are easy to maintain and won't require your buyer to do lots of gardening. Be Happy Property Services is your #1 pick for landscaping professionals. Think a general tidy-up, a few low-maintenance bushes, and a neat driveway. Mow the lawn, pick up the twigs, weed the flower beds and put down some fresh mulch. Be Happy Property Services provides residential and commercial properties in Anchorage and our surrounding areas with dependable, licensed, insured, and bonded services. One call, we do it all! 907-336-7434.
Burnt Out Bulbs
Baby, It is Cold Outside
Expert Design, Meticulous Installation, Professional Results & We Take Them DownWhile most people that decorate their homes for the holidays have no problem feeling the festive mood to hang outdoor Christmas lighting, the take-down can be a different story. Be Happy Property Services professional lighting team handles everything! We mean everything! We’ll design the display, order the supplies, install the lights and décor, and then, we’ll even come back and take those lights down after the holidays. An important task, especially considering most of us don’t have the same ambition or energy after the holidays. We can pack and store your lights for the summer so that next year, we can do it all again! Don’t wait! Christmas is coming upon us fast and the time needed to design, order and schedule your installation is limited. Like every business right now, we have limited employees and our wait time can be a bit longer than we like. Call us today to begin your Christmas lighting design consultation with the Be Happy Property Services professional lighting team, or reach out with our easy contact form below! Be Happy Property Services provides residential and commercial properties in Anchorage and our surrounding areas with dependable, licensed, insured, and bonded services. One call, we do it all! 907-336-7434.
Protect your employeesHaving snow buildup around your office building or your business’ home base can be a huge health hazard to your employees and customers. If you don’t take care of it, people could get hurt which is why as a business owner, you are expected to clear your sidewalks during the snowy seasons. Moreover, snow can sometimes mask patches of black ice, which can also cause serious injuries if slipped on. A snowplow will clear up all that excess snow for you in no time.
AccessibilityMake it easier for your employees and customers to access their cars, park in safe spots and, most importantly, enter your establishment. Maintain productivity and convenience, by keeping employees happy and customers safe.
Reliability & Guaranteed ServiceYou can’t rely on the weather doing you a favor and not dumping large amounts of snow on your curb, but you can rely on it being taken care of when you hire Be Happy Property Services. Contract Be Happy Property Services to take care of your excessive snow for you. When hiring a reliable, reputable local company you can feel assured knowing that we will professionally tend to your plowing needs while maintaining your curb and plants with quality equipment.
EquipmentDon’t risk ruining your sidewalk or taking more time than necessary to get your snow out of the way. Calling on the experienced staff at Be Happy Property Services, utilizing up-to-date equipment, is a way to ensure that your snow will be handled safely, quickly and efficiently. You can rest assured knowing the plowing will be done correctly, and won’t cause any surface damage to your property.
Focus on running your business, not maintaining the buildingInvest in your business by eliminating building maintenance. You wouldn’t be your own custodian, would you? You have other things to focus on. Hire Be Happy Property Services for your snow removal needs so your company won’t suffer from a loss of business due to inaccessible conditions.
Peace of mindBetween worrying about the snow on the ground and tiptoeing across an icy driveway, snowstorms and built-up snow on your property is a waste of time. Having it cleared regularly by the professionals at Be Happy Property Services helps you to relax, knowing that it’s taken care of—and don’t we all need one less thing to worry about? In heavy snow conditions, don’t add to your workload by trying to take on snow removal on top of everything else you need to do for your business. Prepare to face winter with the organizational skills and productivity that Be Happy Property Services provides, and forget the worries that snow may bring. Be Happy Property Services provides residential and commercial properties in Anchorage and our surrounding areas with dependable, licensed, insured, and bonded services. One call, we do it all! 907-336-7434.
First, focus on any essential projectsRight from the start, you might be tempted to jump right into a kitchen or bathroom remodel. After all, you’re in your kitchen every single day—you know just how much it needs a makeover. Before you invest in this type of remodeling, you should really prioritize spending your money, time, and attention. It might sound boring, but replacing your failing garage door or fixing a leaking roof should come first.
Looking for a quick fix to feel motivated? Here are some great ideas to add instant curb appeal.Most essential home projects have a high ROI, because many of them make it possible for you to sell your home. Major home issues like structural damage or a bad roof should be fixed before listing a home for sale.
If your home’s cooling and heating systems need to be replacedTake care of that project before you invest in other areas of your home. Yes, a seemingly mundane furnace replacement isn’t going to stand out when people tour your home, however, you’ll have a much easier time selling it when they start looking over the finer details. Plus, you’ll be able to enjoy a more comfortable and efficient home until then.
Refresh your kitchen and bathroomOnce you’ve completed any essential items, you can move onto the fun stuff: remodeling your kitchen and bathroom. Not surprisingly, these two spaces are typically at the top of most homeowner’s to-do lists. Generally speaking, kitchen and bathroom remodels have a high ROI and can have a major impact on your home’s value. The key to getting the most possible value out of your renovation is setting a scope and staying within your budget. Yes, you can build the kitchen of your dreams by putting an extra ten thousand dollars into the project. But, if you’re not going to get that money back when you sell your home, that might not be the wisest investment. Any successful kitchen remodel involves new cabinets and countertops. Be Happy Property Services is here to assist you in recommending high-quality materials and expert installation: cutting corners on granite, quartz, or cabinetry can lead to a shoddy finish and reduced value. You’ll likely spend up to half of your total budget on these materials, but there are ways to save money. In either room, limit the scope of the project to contain your total overhead. For example, you may not have the budget to replace both the tub and the shower, so just replace the shower and put your remaining money into new floors, a bathroom vanity, and new lighting fixtures. If you’re planning on staying in your home for at least a little while, you can also break the project into phases. Some homeowners remodel most of the kitchen first, and then wait a bit before buying new appliances and putting the finishing touches on the project.
Change your backyard for the betterThe backyard is really a major selling point of so many homes. The right backyard can be an inviting space that connects the home to the beauty of the outdoors—especially in the nicest times of the year. A new deck can add significant value to your home. If your home isn’t built for a deck, instead re-imagine your patio. A built-in grill, a gas-lit fire pit, and a cooking prep area can transform your backyard into the place to be in the summer, while also making your home more attractive and valuable. When it comes to value-boosting home upgrades, the list is nearly limitless. Give us a call for a free estimate. We are more than happy to point you in the right direction, showing you what other local homeowners are doing. With our help, you’ll be able to prioritize what projects you should take on first. Be Happy Property Services provides residential and commercial properties in Anchorage and our surrounding areas with dependable, licensed, insured, and bonded services. One call, we do it all! 907-336-7434.
1. High Risk of Damage to Property During ExcavationOne of the major reasons it is inadvisable to DIY when it comes to excavation projects is that there is a high risk of damaging your own property. It is not uncommon for a professional team of excavators to be called in after a homeowner’s already damaged their home or landscaping. So, to avoid having your utilities, home, or something else severely damaged, call in the professionals. Be Happy Property Services is licensed, bonded, and insured, allowing you to have peace of mind!
2. Right Excavation, Right EquipmentWhen it comes to excavation, a shovel and post hole digger isn’t enough, but that is often all a regular homeowner will have available. With Be Happy Property Services, our professional contractors are equipped with everything they need to complete the job - from start to finish.
3. No Liability For Damage or InjuryAs most property owners have never engaged in excavation, the likelihood of personal injury or damage increases. If things become damaged or someone becomes injured doing the job, the property owner will be held liable. Here at Be Happy Property Services, we are licensed, bonded and insured. That way, should something unexpectedly go wrong, you won’t be on the hook for the cost of fixing it, as our insurance will cover any issues.
4. Reduce Risks Of ErosionPost-excavation, there can be significant risk of soil erosion. However, with professional excavation services, that risk can be greatly reduced, giving you greater peace of mind protecting your excavated site. So, if you are looking for a top-notch team of professionals for your next excavation project, be sure to contact Be Happy Property Services. We are ready to help you with all your excavation landscaping needs! Be Happy Property Services provides residential and commercial properties in Anchorage and our surrounding areas with dependable, licensed, insured, and bonded services. One call, we do it all! 907-336-7434.
1. Clean, or possibly replace, your gutters.Real talk: You're so used to your gutters working properly — and draining gallons of water from your roof yearly — that you forget they could use a little TLC. If they're clogged, you can end up with a flooded interior and damaged exterior. So clean them, and if necessary, replace them. A little prevention can save you headaches and money. 2. Check for drafts. Heat loss through windows is responsible for 25-30 percent of heating energy use, according to the U.S. Department of Energy. But it doesn't have to be that way, because weatherstripping is simple and probably the most cost-effective way to keep heating costs down. Pro tip: To check if you have a draft issue, close a door or window on a strip of paper. If the paper slides easily, you need to update your weatherstripping.
3. Drain your outdoor faucets.Say it with me now: "I will turn off all outdoor faucets before winter!" Drain and disconnect all garden hoses from outside spigots to prevent any water freezing. Not doing this can result to pipes bursting, so yeah, do this.
4. Bring your outdoor furniture in.Yes, your furniture is outdoor furniture. No, that does not mean you should test the label by leaving it outside through freezing weather and snow drifts. It costs you money and time to set that outdoor space up, so if you want to get another summer season out of it, store it in a garage or shed. If you don't have anywhere to store the items, cover it with waterproof covers.
5. Fix any cracks in your driveway.I know, I know — this seems tedious and is one of those things where you're like, "eh, it'll be fine!". But, it could very easily not be fine. When water gets into cracks it freezes, expands, and can make the crack even bigger. Enough small cracks can turn into big cracks, and eventually, the concrete will crumble. Plus, you'd probably prefer a driveway without a giant pothole. So, use a concrete crack sealer, fill it up and be done with it.
6. Change your filtersOuch! Another thing in your house that might be costing you more money then it should be. If your filters are clogged, it's harder to keep your home at the temperature you want it to be, which will increase your heating bills. Clean these filters monthly, not just before the fall, and thank me later. FYI: Disposable filters can be vacuumed one time before you replace it, and foam filters can just be vacuumed and not replaced.
7. Fertilize your lawn.You know what they say: The best offense is a good defense. If you want to keep your lawn looking great in the spring and summer, you need to prep it for the fall and winter. Roots are still active when the grass isn't growing, so applying fertilizer will prevent winter damage. Doing this will also help your lawn turn green faster in the spring, which is crucial, because who wants to look at a sad lawn once it gets nice out?
8. Test winter equipment.Hi, I'm here from the future, where your snow blower isn't working and you're stuck inside and can't get your car out to buy a new one. Seriously, just check it all now, and make your life easier later.
9. Change your batteries.Once a year you should be checking to make sure all smoke detectors and carbon monoxide devices are working. Since you're already testing everything else out, you might as well add this on. Hope this helps and adds something to your fall/winter checklist. Feel free to contact us for all your home and property services. Be Happy Property Services provides residential and commercial properties in Anchorage and our surrounding areas with dependable, licensed, insured, and bonded services. One call, we do it all! 907-336-7434.
Clearly define your home remodeling project
Ask homeowners in your neighborhood
Look at online reviews
Don’t set a minimum (or maximum) number of estimates
Busy can be a good sign
Trust your instincts
Go with a pro
Ask how long the contractor has been in business
Review past jobs
Check the BBB and trade organizations
Verify insurance, licensing and permits
Ask about check-ins
Get it in writing
Price isn’t everything
Be specific about financing
Know exactly who is doing the work
Ask about materials up front
Who will be at your home while work is performed?
Ask about the what-ifs
Know what happens if you’re unhappy
- When your floor needs to be replaced
- The roof is leaking
- Your home feels too crowded or too empty
- The paint looks dingy and starts to chip
- The house feels out-dated
- Your kitchen and bathrooms look old
1. When your floor needs to be replaced.The first sign that your home needs a renovation is when your floors tiling system is starting to detach. The detachment of the tiles only means that the tile grouting is already wearing off. The more common rooms that will need new floors are bathrooms and kitchens. You can also change up the design and add some wood floors; wood not only looks great, but it’s good for resale. Wood floors can have a great return on your investment. Carpet in high traffic areas should be replaced every 10 years. The look of carpet that needs to be replaced can make your home look like it’s in desperate need of a remodel. By replacing the carpet or adding hardwood flooring, it will significantly update the look and feel of your home.
2. The roof is leaking!Leakages in your roofing system mean two things: One, the roofing installer and service that you hired is no good, and two – the roofing system of your home is already old and rotten. Either way, your roof needs fixing and renovating. Roofing companies work in squares, which is a 10×10 foot area, 100 square feet. The more square feet your roof is, the more it will cost to replace. If your home has vinyl siding and the paint is chipping, then it’s time to repaint the exterior of your home.
3. Your home feels too crowded or too empty.Have you ever encountered coming home to your house and you feel weird, and something is off? When people encounter this, they often feel that their house is either crowded or too spacious. Note that when this happens to you, it only means that your house needs refreshing. You may actually renovate your home by simply re-organizing all the things and belongings inside your home.
4. The paint looks dingy and starts to chip.Another factor that could explicitly mean that your home needs remodeling is when the interior or exterior paint starts to become worn down, dirty, and chipping. It only shows that external factors are already affecting your home negatively. These factors could be dirt and chemicals. Aside from the fact that this circumstance means that your home is deteriorating already, it could also mean that you need to regard and renovate and clean things inside your home. Apply a fresh layer of paint to your walls on the inside and exterior of your home. Repaint the baseboards and crown molding if needed. Touch up your kitchen cabinets and other areas in the kitchen and bathrooms. Having freshly painted walls and baseboards can take years off the look of your home. If the white is starting to yellow, a nice coat of white paint will do wonders for updating your home’s look.
5. The house feels out-dated.
If you see lots of shiny gold door handles or shiny gold finish on anything really, then it’s about time to start a new remodel project to modernize your home. Older bathrooms will have gold everything, facets, door handles, bathtubs, and shower fixtures. This was a popular design in the 1990s but feels very out-dated in 2021.You can buy oil rubbed bronze or brushed nickel faucets, door knobs, and other bathroom and kitchen accessories fairly cheap. They are easy to install and can usually be completed in 10 minutes or less. New modern fans and light fixtures can be found on Amazon for under $100. These improvements will have a big impact and make your home feel much newer than before.